Request a Free Lookup From This Database.
This biographical information includes the esteemed two-volume book set titled Directory of Deceased American Physicians. Edited by Arthur W. Hafner and produced from a card file held by the American Medical Association, this database includes biographical and professional information on approximately 149,000 medical practitioners. The great variety of information included here will provide valuable clues to help you expand your research. By learning where your ancestor set up his or her practice, for example, you can get a general idea of where he or she lived. More fundamentally, the dates and locations of births and deaths may provide the clues necessary to locate vital records.
- Full name
- Cause, date, and place of death
- Date and place of birth
- Type of practice and specialties
- States and years of licenses
- Places and dates of practice
- Hospital affiliations
- Medical school(s) attended
- Other education or professorships
- Location of death notice information in the Journal of the American Medical Association
- Licensure action (if any)